Saturday, February 15, 2014

Speed Stick GEAR Antiperspirant/Deodorant

    Living an active lifestyle can create body odor. It’s not cute. One way to combat that effect is deodorant. It helps to cover up your body odor. Antiperspirant helps to reduce your sweat. Together they are great way to get moving yet still smelling fresh. I recently was given a new antiperspirant/deodorant from Influenster to test out. These were completely free and I was not paid to promote them. Influenster allows social media trendsetters to try out new products and to share their thoughts with family, friends and strangers. Really great opportunity to tell me people what you really think. I was one of 3000 male Influensters to try out new Speed Stick GEAR. 

   
         I was excited to receive my Speed Stick GEAR VoxBox mainly because I ran out of my deodorant. My unboxing video can be seen here. My last deodorant stick was Old Spice Wolfthorn. Great product but it wasn't giving my lasting protection. At the end of the day I couldn't pick up any "Wolfthorn" scent which was a shame because Old Spice is very popular for the masculine scents. So when I read that Speed Stick GEAR said 48 hours I was skeptical. I had to test these out.


    At first glance I was really impressed with the packaging. Silver cap with an overall dark blue look- very male-driven marketing which is good. The side grips were a nice touch - very helpful if you just jumped out of the shower while your hands are still wet. 


         As expected from any deodorant stick this a white, scented formula. There are two scents that were in my box- Clean Peak & Fresh Force. Both are great scents but I gravitated to the Fresh Force immediately. If I were to describe the scent, it's like a big boy's version of baby powder.


      How do I test this 48 hours of protection though? First step is to see if it can survive 24 hours. As I am now a bit more active, I tend to need more odor protection. So I thought adding the Speed Stick to my gym bag would be the perfect start to try out this product. After a good 3 mile run and 1 hour session of P90X by body was definitely in overheated and sweating. Before hitting the showers, I noticed that my underarm region wasn't as warm and uncomfortable. It felt good. Quick sniff and I was still picking up the Fresh Force scent. I was impressed. I also was happy because I noticed at the end of the day I had no skin irritation either. Some brands that I have used in the past have given my that undesired effect. Speed Stick GEAR is not like any other deodorant. Also after the shower, I did still pick up the Fresh Force scent. Next morning so 24 hours in, I barely got any Fresh Force scent but that is ok. Unfortunately, I like that scent very much that I keep reapplying it so I cannot give you a definite 48 hours of protection. To be honest, I wasn't expecting a miracle deodorant anyway. It survived my gym workout and I was satisfied.... So satisfied that I went to my local Walmart to go check out the rest of the product line.

           

    Apparently, there is a third scent in this line and its called "Cool Motion". Another great scent but I was still enjoying my Fresh Force. I didn't pick that up but I did pick up the Fresh Force deodorant spray. Great replacement whenever I run out the antiperspirant stick. That will be awhile though. Each stick is 2.7 oz which is a good amount. Also, I noticed that there are Speed Stick GEARs that are just deodorants so if you are not interested in the antiperspirant properties you can get that instead. 

     Overall I am very happy with my new daily essential. I welcome Speed Stick GEAR with open arms....UNDERarms. Thank you Influenster for selecting me to try out this new line.


No comments:

Post a Comment