Friday, November 1, 2013

I Love Protein Powder!


Sooo I've been trying to get into shape and get a little bit lean & mean. I decided to increased my protein intake to help with muscle-building. Above is a photo of +Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein which I purchased from +Bodybuilding.com. I got an awesome deal on a 5lb tub along with a free Fish Oil SoftGels. After doing my research on various brands that make whey protein I decided this was the best product for me. So far this has been a great addition to my workout plan. One scoop of this powder contains 25 grams of protein and less than a gram of saturated fat. Usually when I make my protein shake I will take two scoops for 16 ounces of water or milk. Now you must be curious about how it tastes? It tastes amazing. I got the Cake Batter flavor. It just like traditional yellow cake but its not super sweet like other protein shakes that I've tried. What about mixing ability? This formula mixes so easily you can do it with a spoon but I like to use my shaker bottle.

Btw, I wasn't aware of this but it makes sense now- protein powder is not just for people who workout and want to increase the protein intake. It's a great source of protein for diabetics or people on strict diets who cannot eat traditional protein sources like meat.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. I am currently down to about maybe half a pound of powder left and will most likely purchasing again from +Bodybuilding.com and trying another flavor from the same brand. If you are in the market for protein powder then I would suggest to look into  +Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment